Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep Those Babies Rollin'

Hehe, OK, I mentioned a couple days (or was it weeks?) ago that Kaitlyn could roll from her stomach to her back no problem. She's been struggling for days and days to roll from her back to her stomach.  She's got insane neck muscles and leg muscles lol because she'll roll to her side and try SO hard to get over but she can't.  She gets mad and blows raspberries ;) and she tries again and again. 

So yesterday I had her on the floor and put her on her stomach and she immediately flips over to her back and realizes she wants back on her stomach. So she begins her ritual of trying to flip over, but she just will not move her arm out of the way! I looked away for a minute and she was on her stomach! Then right back to her back again...sigh.  So I leave her and I watch her for a bit and she finally did it again, so I saw what she did. She's basically rocking herself and flinging herself over her arm. :) I think eventually she'll realize she needs to move her arm, but for now it works.

I wanted to get it on video but of course my batteries were dead :( but hopefully this week sometime I can share :)

While I am here sharing, I wanted to make note of her 2 recent well checks.  She's doing quite well, meeting current milestones and such :)

8/20/10-2 month check up (she's like 3.5 months at this visit) she weighed in at 11 lbs, 12 oz and is 23.5 inches long, 40.5 Head Circumference

10/1/10-4 month check up (she's almost 5 months at this visit) she weighed in at 13 lbs, 4 oz and is 24 inches long with a 41.5 Head Circumference

I actually think her length may be off, since she was turned kind of funny, so I plan to remeasure her this week at home.  Per the charts she's about 25% across the board... funny since the other 2 were always 75% to 95%. ;)


  1. Glad she finally figured out a way to flip herself over. I think all my kids rolled over their arm for the first couple of weeks of going from back to belly. Eventually they started moving it out of the way.

  2. Thanks, I am too @ D!

    Jen, she really has gone all out on rolling now. Soon as she's down she's rolling across the floor LOL